To achieve our vision we have developed a strategy based on three broad priorities:
- Get the basics right for business.
- Create and capitalise on market opportunities.
- Enhance investment in people to improve skills and create a local workforce.
Between them, these themes represent three quite different but inter-dependent approaches to economic development.
The first theme aims at ensuring that businesses face an environment conducive to business growth. They are then left to get on with it.
The second theme takes a more active stance on business growth. Market opportunities are identified and actively encouraged by Government, the Niue Chamber of Commerce and other stakeholders.
The third theme is concerned with ensuring that businesses have an available supply of relevant skills to enable them to operate and expand. It aims to ensure that Niue has an inclusive and adaptable labour market that not only meets the demands of a growing, diversifying private sector, but also provides opportunities for a better quality of life for those people who make Niue their home.
Within these three priorities are a number of more focused strategies:
Get the basics right for business:
- Ensure Niue is business-friendly.
- Ensure secure availability of land and premises.
- Improve transport links.
Enhance investment in people to improve skills and create a local workforce.
- Produce a skilled and responsive labour force.
- Build an entrepreneurial culture.
Create and capitalise on market opportunities:
- Assist businesses to benefit from tourism growth.
- Enhance access to capacity building and technical assistance.
Each strategy, in turn, has a set of initiatives or actions associated with it. These set out the actual tasks that will be undertaken as part of the strategy to realise the goal. Further information about these is included in the Niue Private Sector Development Plan 2012-2015
Click here if you would like to download a copy of the Niue Chamber of Commerce Constitution and Rules Guideline.